No idea why the creepy Mr. Roger’s reference came upon us?? Haha. It was Kate’s idea.
Well, it’s fall. Officially, unofficially…whatever you want to say, it’s fall people. We are sitting on a couch writing you this message of cool, fall, neighborly-ness 🙂 From nowhere else but Nashville, TN. We have made the transition from Los Angeles to Nashville and it’s been a pretty smooth one. Even though it seems that we are hardly ever here, we are very much enjoying basing things out of Nashville.
Things we love about fall:
1. Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Butter
(we were very sad to leave LA because LA had TJ’s. Now Nash is getting a TJ’s so that makes us UBER happy! they had a demo once in their store where they toasted a crumpet, spread cream cheese and pumpkin butter on it and it’s ridiculosly good. wait, we just realized that some of you reading are ‘over-the-lovely-seas’ and probably don’t have a clue what Trader Joe’s is….it’s an alternative grocery store…they have lots of organic foods and they are cheaper than other organic markets around…man they should pay us for advertising…haha!)
2. Peppermint Mocha Creamer
(since we are all brewing more of our own coffee at home these days (…that’s right people, times are tough with the DOW crashing & all…) this creamer can make every morning cup taste like a Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks)
3. Autumn Mix Candy Corn.
(this is really only Jill’s thing…Kate is middle of the road on this. Too much candy corn makes Kate wanna puke. yuck.)
okay…moving away from food items…
4. Leaves Changing (amazing. like clockwork. the leaves change. leaves are so smart. they know exactly when, where and how to change. the colors are beautiful. a gift to all of us every fall season. yay!)
5. Crisp, yet not freakin’ cold, mornings. (we like to take walks with friends and morning time is the perfect time to do this is in the fall…because you are a little chilly when you start but when you start to sweat it’s not so bad because the the sun has lost its intensity and it feels great…definitely walk outside…fresh air will do you WONDERS)
6. Fun-filled holidays on the way.
(Any season that brings costumes, people handing out candy to strangers and the right to let EVERYONE make complete fools of themselves is absolutely welcome in our book. Above is a picture of us enjoying the last 31st of October!)
…okay…back to the food topic…
7. Thanksgiving Food (mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce…need we say more?)
So, to sum up the blog, you might see us running around Nashville (if you do, please say hi!!), we listed some crazy things we love about the fall season and yup…that’s pretty much it. Feel free to share your fall-favorites with us. =)
Happy fall to everyone.